View Single Post
Old 06 December 2004, 21:53   #54
Kim Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
That's not strictly true.

I think I managed to register about 40 users one night on Lemon64, and they all got banned
Good to find out who it was, that surely was one busy night for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
But that's only after I started being accused of destroying LemonAmiga (with my piss-taking poll) and not being able to state my side of the story with my original Jim userid (in Lem64) after it got deleted for a reason which must just have been your frustration with my poll on the EAB.
Your poll had a very small, or no roll at all in this case. It was more likely due to many small negative things which became too much for me in the end. I was working very hard on it, was totally focused and very sensitive for critism during that time. At first I liked the negative views and sarcasm, it was a drive for me to prove that the site would become pretty good. But then it changed, I guess I got fed up by everything and felt very unwelcome in the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I had no problems with you until then, my only problems before that was lemonamiga just being a forum with no useable website and users talking about the same things and copying post ideas from EAB.
That happens with forums all the time, especially when they're newly launched. I don't think it's no big deal really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I'll be the first to admit now that lemonamiga has launched for real the site is actually quite good. OK, The Superfrog design is not original, you're using heaps of lemon64 code but the abilitiy to easily comment on games, write reviews etc... is something I like. You're missing some games but in my opinion that's better than having too many games - I suffer from information overload sometimes.
Glad to hear this. I like your game comments as they're often filled with quite some humour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Whilst they might accuse the EAB people of being rude/harsh/unfriendly I think you have the reverse of this problem on there. People are too afraid to state opinions, everybody agrees with everybody or if they don't the disagreement is usually posted after a series of apologies and with a trail of further apologies posted after just for good measure.
This is a problem which I will bring up on LA. A few people are overprotective about LA, and apologize for stuff that really doesn't have to be excused for. For me it feels very strange, and it's not something we have over at Lemon64. Maybe people feel insecure because everything is new, maybe it's because of the strict rules I set up, or a combination. I see what I can do about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Now the question is, after I've said all this.....do you ban me!?
Yes, permanent!!!!

Page generated in 0.05599 seconds with 9 queries