28 November 2004, 12:58
Join Date: Sep 2005
New TvR for TV tuner in Mediator
A new version of the TvR program by Robert Krajcarz is now available. This program enables control of any TV tuner PCI card working in the Elbox Mediator.
• Amiga with a Mediator PCI busboard
• Any TV tuner PCI card working in Mediator
• (Optional) SoundBlaster PCI128 sound card
• (Optional) TV tuner remote control unit
TvR allows seeking radio/TV stations, composing a TV program list, tuning TV screen parameters (brightness, contrast, saturation), switching channels, changing TV window size (from 10% of the standard TV size to fullscreen), selecting video source (TV/CINCH/SVHS), switching between sound modes (mono, stereo) and controlling volume. In the fullscreen mode, TvR provides OSD (On Screen Display) for the performed functions. Stopping (freezing) TV frames and saving TV screenshots to the hard drive is also supported.
You can operate the program from the GUI, from the keyboard, or from the remote control unit, which is also supported.
Click here to see 1024 x 768 screenshot (678kbytes).
Changes in ver. 2.5 and 2.6 of TvR:
• minimising sound cracks when TV programs are switched
• closing the TV window automatically switches on the radio mode
• hiding the mouse pointer in FULLSCREEN
• saving the TV window position
• saving single frames
• correcting the SVHS input operation
• the F4 key used for changing colour coding systems
• expansion of skin management procedures
• adding keyboard control for frame stopping
TvR 2.6 is available for downlod at www.ppa.pl/software/download/tvr_26.lha. Skins for TvR are available at www.ppa.pl/software/download/tvr_skins.lha.
The program page (in Polish only) is located on PPA news sevice at www.ppa.pl/software/software-tvr.html.