View Single Post
Old 23 November 2004, 07:18   #10

Well, this is interesting - good job on a solid first release.

Nowadays 50mb isn't such a bit download, but I remember back in the day when I used to upload my 3.5mb AIAB archives over a 56k; some users emailed me complaining of the unnecessary download size!

Anyway, I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but would you mind crediting me a little more on the way the installation scripts? It took quite a while fooling around with AmigaDOS (I didn't understand it then, and I still haven't a clue), so just a quick mention somewhere in the credits would be nice.

Actually I took a brief look at Bloodwych's excellent ClassicWB package for the first time today, and might ask for similar credit for the original work/ideas.

Oh, also, I doubt anyone really cares about the copyright restrictions anymore, however I noticed quite a few files from the original Workbench disks (Extras, Prefs, Fonts etc.) that you may not have permission to redistribute, given that you were copying system files over earlier on.

Anyway, just thought I would register here and post a quick comment.

Unfortunately, as is all to evident, I'm not terribly motivated by Amiga emulation anymore, but every so often, fire up my AIAB beta archives just to update a few libraries and mess around with new VisualPrefs themes.

I keep promising it, but one of these days I will get around to tidying up all the updates (Amistart, PNG icons, new VP themes and anti-aliased TT fonts) then finally get something online.

Take it easy,

Last edited by jmbattle; 23 November 2004 at 07:24.
Page generated in 0.05102 seconds with 9 queries