View Single Post
Old 05 May 2024, 20:50   #1
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Scoopex delivers slowly.... The Emulator V2

Thanks to Snoopy1234 for providing the original, Abaddon for getting it preserved and TJLAZER for doing extensive testing to ensure we hadn't incorporated any of Randy Lindens sneaky stuff!

The Emulator V2 from Readysoft, by all accounts the Unit A crack was either a fake or just didn't work properly.

So I took it upon myself a few weeks ago actually to crack this thing so we had at least one preserved version for real Amigas should anyone want it.

Only for Amigas with Kickstart 1.2 and 1.3, sadly because of Randys attempt to stop people like me cracking it, means it doesn't work on newer machines, a shame then because had his code been properly relocatable instead of forced to work in a specific memory address, I suspect that on A1200 with real fast memory, this emulator could have been considerably quicker.

On the titlescreen press a left mouse/fire button to proceed, now the loading of the emulator is a LOT faster and this titlepic would have merely flashed otherwise.

This is perhaps merely a curiosity for most, but it was there and I had some downtime to tackle it and also try and code a cracktro that looked vaguely C64 in its looks.

File is in the zone, enjoy.... or not!

Page generated in 0.07908 seconds with 11 queries