View Single Post
Old 03 May 2024, 09:10   #4008
hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
Yep, and I was bored with it in 3 minutes. A great demo of the platform's 3D capabilities but not much else.
I played games like Destruction Derby (Sony's Psygnosis, think of Skidmarks in 3D) and Moto Racer.

PC's Moto Racer has a network multiplayer option while the PSX version has a split screen.

Ridge Racer up to 1,468,507 units sold in Japan and the United States.

Destruction Derby sold more than 1 million copies by August 1996.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
For me the 'one killer app' was Tomb Raider. Everything else paled in comparison. I bought many PlayStation magazines and tried out the latest game demos. 90% of them were pure garbage. My brother had a PlayStation too (actually before me). He bought it to play Tomb Raider. They bought one other game which his partner liked (I think it was called 'Croc'?) Today that machine sits in the cupboard. My PlayStation 2 is on permanent loan to a friend. After playing all the Tomb Raider games I lost interest in it.

If someone could port the original Tomb Raider games to the Amiga I would play them all over again. Sadly I don't think that will happen in my lifetime, even though we now have Amigas powerful enough to do it easily (getting 3~5 fps out of the Vampire 600 in PC Task, which believe it or not is actually playable!).
There's open source CroftEngine https://github.com/stohrendorf/CroftEngine

Last edited by hammer; 03 May 2024 at 09:33.

Page generated in 0.04457 seconds with 11 queries