View Single Post
Old 28 April 2024, 06:01   #283
movec

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiespo View Post
Gotcha. This is indeed an interesting feature, but it has less to do with the format and more to do with the player. Wouldn't it be enough to have the destination buffer aligned to 32bit, or even the original file has to keep padding?

The target buffer that AGABlaster uses is 64Bit aligned to make use of the 64Bit AGA graphics mode. The 32bit alignment on disk is about the IO device driver (I use a 32bit IO controller, so on older systems it might not make a difference), but with my Amiga I was able to produce a 2x slowdown when not using a 32bit alignment on disk (AGABlaster reads the chunks separately, when loading a file as a whole this is not an issue, only if you seek around and read chunks as AGABlaster does).

Quote:
So if I understand correctly, standard CDXL on the CD32 would support HAM8, but use a 12bit palette? Another thing half-baked in a hurry to release the CD32 it seems...

There were several games that used CDXL videos with AGA8 but only 12-bit color range. I once tested this with one game and AGABLaster did indeed play those cutscenes (it was some space ship scene). But it was only 12bit color palette because the CDTV used CDXL videos with 12bit color palette.
Now, adding 3-byte colors instead of 2-byte colors in the color palette section is straight-forward, but this was a custom change.

Quote:
EDIT: finally found the time to clean up my local changes and create a pull-request to add official support for MacOs to agaconv... although the changes are really minimal, this is my first-ever pull-request on Github, please let me know if anything looks wrong!

N.B.: the extracted raw PCM from ffmpeg does not have this issue, so this must be where the conversion happens (padding of non-zero values maybe?).

That's interesting. Your fix does fix it, but I will look into this more. It shouldn't read more bytes than the PCM has (the frequency is adjusted before and then the PCM file is extracted)

Anyways, I am looking into the patches!

Page generated in 0.04621 seconds with 11 queries