View Single Post
Old 21 April 2024, 23:58   #9
samaron

Apologies for the delayed response.

Tried to look up if OS 3.2 does anything differently regarding the math libs. Although nothing very clear, I have found some posts like this one that suggest they have been tinkered with.

Found that I have some math libs called HSMathLibs that I purchased years ago. Installed these without any change to the 68k gear demos.

Afterwards I installed the latest MMULib from Aminet and added the "040" parameter to the BPPCfix line in the startup sequence file. I confirmed that the 68060.library version numbers were different afterwards to verify the ROM library were disabled. Still no change to the 68k gear demos.

Various software like WhichAmiga and such does detect that the FPU is present. I have run various demoscene stuff and found no trouble doing so. My assumption then is that there's nothing physically wrong with my CPU/FPU.

I will roll back to an older backup of my hard drive image and install the software again. This time using the Warp3D archive from the Elbox website. I still have not found out what the differences are, as the downloadable archive and the CD contents seem to be the same.

Page generated in 0.04434 seconds with 11 queries