View Single Post
Old 12 April 2024, 17:52   #2
hitm4n

The guys that bought all of Edgars game rights, including his PC were a couple of ex work colleagues. They had the intention to crack his passwords, get into his PC and backups and continue to sell, update and develop all his stuff. To my knowledge, they managed to crack into his computer and get at a lot of his files, but the code in Edgars games is extremely complicated and in a lot of areas very clever and i wouldn't be suprised if they couldn't make sense of a lot of it. Thats if they even managed ot get at the raw code.

I know Ed used Borland for GUIs back in the day, C# at other times and Unity in the latter years. In the few years after Edgars death, nothing has come of the purchase and Edgars old sites just seem to be dwindling away over time. People still purchase his games too, i am still messaged to ask how to get in touch, get the key or contact the new owners. The guys just don't seem so bothered the more time passes.

In all my years talking to Edgar about his Amiga days, i'm reasonably sure that the offer about buying the source code came up in convo. If i do recall correctly he said no-one bought it and i don't think its likely to turn up at this point.

I have a huge archive of Edgars old game dev stuff, almost all assets for all the games, including Deluxe Galaga, all the raw sound effects, all music, even things like development icons for the more recent apps, but ZERO code. He was very protective of his code.

It would be nice though if it came to light. Add, or change the levels, introduce new enemy sprites etc. Would be cool.

Page generated in 0.04442 seconds with 11 queries