View Single Post
Old 01 April 2024, 14:10   #1
samaron

Warp3D setup trouble - A1200 BPPC Voodoo3

Greetings!

Have spent a few hours trying to get my tower converted Amiga 1200 up and running. I initially thought there was something wrong with my accelerator card, but concluded with the issue being the Warp3D setup itself (or related software). Running PPC software that wasn't 3D accelerated worked just fine.

Quick specs:
- 3.2 ROMs and OS 3.2.2.1
- Picasso 96 3.4.1
- Amiga 1200 rev. 1D4 (new caps and timing fix)
- Blizzard PPC 060 @ 66 MHz 603 @ 330 MHz
- New Corsair RM750 PSU (with load on 12v and voltages fed additionally to the original PSU connector and floppy connector)
- Mediator 1200TX
- Voodoo3
- Soundblaster 128
- Fast Ethernet NIC
- BlueSCSI with a 100GB PFS3 partition
- Yamaha CD-RW SCSI

I have spent quite a bit of time searching through old forum posts and various documentation. Initially trying to run the Warp3D demos resulted in a crash regardless. After all the reading, the information puzzle is starting to come together. Replacing all the driver files with the correct ones, and adding all screen modes, things started working a lot better.

The current state is that I can run the PPC Warp3D demos just fine, but the 68K ones does not work.
Running the windowed gear demo pops up the window, but it is blank. The workbench becomes very sluggish (moving the mouse cursor is very choppy). Closing the window results in the workbench becoming smooth again, but the graphics are not right. Icons become blank, buttons on top of windows become blank etc.
Running the full screen gear demo results in a gray and white flashing screen.
Running WarpTest gives me a blue screen with some text options. Regardless of what I select, the screen remains blue.

At the moment I have not enabled BPPCFix or installed PPCLibEmu, as I want to focus on one thing at a time. Just don't want to add too many variables to the mix.

When installing WarpUP, I were a bit unsure about a couple of options that might affect the situation. One screen in the install script gave me the option "WShell compatible", which I didn't select. What exactly does this do? The other were a screen where I should select which graphics card I have. I chose "other gfx". Should I have selected something else?

The workbench is running in 1024x768 16-bit, and as mentioned, the PPC gear demos and glSokoban work just fine. Lower resolution screen modes are added in Picasso96 with all color depth options for each.

I assume if any of the supplied demos does not work, a problem is present.

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Page generated in 0.04205 seconds with 11 queries