View Single Post
Old 10 March 2024, 01:14   #69
Calabazam

I did show a lot of love for the A2000 and i got mine in the early 2000's. I truly loved it because it is the one (except T variants) which can take the more expansions, including 4 ISA slots.
But mine was always cursed. I had 3 different mobo, now a perfect 6.x reproduction from 2022, i had 3 different PSU, now a powerful ATX.
I had every trouble imaginable including Blizzard 2060 dying for no reason, one zorro slot which could just disappear while the computer was on, the Megichip addon would move from Gary 1 mm for no reason needing to dismount everything, tantalum caps exploding from GVP spectrum board, computer refusing to boot with an Algor USB because of the boot rom, bridgeboard failing, etc. I remember i was so obsessed with making the computer to work as my flagship that i was thinking of it while in bed with my (hot) girlfriend of that time (20 years ago).
Eventually i moved to the A4000 and had much less troubles since then. My A2000 is still not in working state so far but i hope that maybe one day it will be.

Page generated in 0.04315 seconds with 11 queries