View Single Post
Old 06 March 2024, 13:07   #1542
Mafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Barthel View Post
Which version/release of the AmigaOS 3.2 NDK are you currently using, exactly? The most recent release is still AmigaDOS 3.2 NDK R4, with R5 still being in the works.

R5 features further interface header file changes which render them more robust if the compiler environment claims to be the GNU 'C' compiler, but is really clang. The interface header files assumed that if gcc was showing its hand, it was a native or cross compiler targeted for AmigaOS 68k. With the current work-in-progress, you can actually use these header files directly with VSCode, for example, and no local changes required to even narrowly avoid tripping the code completion up. One of these days we might even had helpful code comments in the <clib/#?_protos.h> header files

R4 was still focused on getting the gcc 68k and vbcc interface header files into shape. That there was more trouble on the horizon with cross-compilation, etc. had yet to be discovered and addressed
TBH, I'm not sure... at least as it relates to the cross-compilation toolchain. I run Bebbo's install and it downloads NDK automatically; I just checked the header files and they appear to be dated mid-2021?!). On my real-Amiga I use R4.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting R5! My goal is to use (neo)vim with something like YCM as the auto-completion plugin. If I can get that going with 3.2 NDK R5 I'll be super happy.

Thanks for the update.

-M

Page generated in 0.04285 seconds with 11 queries