View Single Post
Old 05 February 2024, 08:20   #26
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
It exists but is too heavy to be useful.
Why? It also only runs the blitter, just through a different path. The only thing it does not do is interleaved. Frankly, I doubt that introducing another sprite engine after the last one was not used is not particularly helpful at all.

Quote:

MrgCop() requires the copper instructions to be already written in the order that they are used.
MrgCop() requires copper instructions to be already present in three intermediate copper lists, so that is not *quite* equivalent. It only takes three copper lists (bitplane, vpsrite and user copper lists) and not four (two bitplanes instead of one), so that is probably the only limitation that comes to my mind. Why would you want to create intermediate copper lists out of order?

Quote:
Just use a natural merge-sort to do both!
MrgCop() is a merge sort - of three sorted lists. It does, however, do a bit more than that.

Quote:
A typical use case for sorted copper nodes are palette changes that scroll at different speeds from each other vertically along with other changes that need to interleave with each other at various different intervals.
I'm not sure what you mean. The sprite copper lists for example already set sprite colors "at arbitrary vertical positions", namely where the vsprites end up.

Page generated in 0.06711 seconds with 11 queries