Thread: NES emu anyone?
View Single Post
Old 08 October 2004, 15:49   #12
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy
Originally Posted by Burseg
I think nintendo's greater success was snes, against mega drive and sega's was master system against nes.

Anyway, please don't turn this into something personal. I really don't like nes and can name many sms titles, similarly game gear owns gameboy for me too. I accept your preference, but I don't like you calling me er... "non-gamer"
Fair enough, but just so you know:

The Sega Master system was a phenomenal flop worldwide apart from in the UK where it was the second most popular console system of its time, next to the NES. The Master System II was eventually released and, although fairly popular, still didn't outsell the NES (which, at the time, was being manufactured by both Nintendo and Mattel).

The Sega MegaDrive (Genesis in the States) was the clear winner of the 16Bit Wars, knocking the SNES over with its superior hardware (except for the sound though, which was basic MIDI in most places). The MegaDrive II rocked the world's socks, but Sega lost it with the MegaCD, an add-on which flopped, and the SNES crept back into first.
Page generated in 0.05187 seconds with 9 queries