View Single Post
Old 20 December 2023, 00:38   #217
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

New AKReal 9.2 released!

Merry Xmas everybody

We are happy to announce the release of the new AKReal 9.2 - the unofficial conversion of AmiKit for real Amiga machines-.

This is a new FREE update just to thank you for all of your support and … 'cause it's Christmas time .

Mattahan's and 16 colors Ken's Icons have been updated too.

16 Colors Screenshots:

We've updated the content with the latest software as well as added many new features (see changelog). You will find for example an implemented AI with AmigaGPT (now working with OS3.9), nicer AmiStart Menus (shorter without the mostly useless option that was on the top of the bar), updated Radio Stations and some more options for example to change the pointer or if you are using RTG to change the images and configs to use RTG instead with a couple of clicks, etc, etc.

To enter to the http AKReal site (http://real.amiga.sk) you should use a VPN (as an example, I am using the free "Urban VPN" and I enter from “Argentina”) and then you must enable the options to enter to a “not secure” place. You can also enter with IBrowse (updated) once you have AKReal installed. In any case, these are direct links which you can use with Firefox (for example) on your PC:

- New AKReal 9.2 Full installation

- Upgrade 9.0 > 9.1 : Upgrade

Extra Icon Sets for AKReal 9.2:

- Mattahan’s Icons Pack

- Ken’s Icons 16 colors

- Free older version: AKReal 9.0

If you have AKReal 9.1 and you have internet connection, you'll see that the “Live update” program will tell you that there is a new version available to be downloaded.
Just let it download the files and make the update. It will check if you have room enough in your HD or also if the download process of the files worked right because we’ve added the Filesize program.

Have fun and enjoy. Merry Christmas!

Retrofan

Changelog:

AKReal 9.2 by Retrofan (December 2023).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
- ADDED: Freeware PowerWindows 1.3 by by Georg Steger, 10/11/2000.
- ADDED: Some existing RTG 1024x768 wallpapers saved now in iff format.
- ADDED: UAEgfx by Toni Willen in Sys: Devs/Monitors to be used with RTG when needed.
- ADDED: New option in Morpheuz to change the pointer or also the wallpapers/backdrops/skins used if you are already using some RTG option in your Amiga.
- ADDED: AmigaGPT version 1.2.0 by Cameron Armstrong. Now backwards compatible with OS3.9.
- ADDED: Spanish "esRadio", "Flower Power radio", "Love Radio Florida" and "CGM UKScene Radio*". You can find them in Sys:Utilities/Expansion/RadioStations/Scripts.
- ADDED: Filesize v40.1, 1998-02-22 by Msi Software "http://home.sol.no/~msi/",
- FIXED: SceneSat radio
- UPDATED: WHDLoad to version 18.9.6601
- UPDATED: HippoPlayer v2.58 - kpk@iki.fi. K-P Koljonen 2023-06-21.
- UPDATED: AmigaAMP v3.33 -Thomas Wenzel (www.toms-home.de). 2022-12-20.
- UPDATED: IMP v3.411 - Pawel Nowak. 2023-06-29.
- UPDATED: TextEditor.mcc v15.56. Jens Maus (mail jens-maus de). 2021-08-31.
- UPDATED: BetterString.mcc v11.36. Jens Maus (mail jens-maus de). 2021-08-31.
- UPDATED: NList.mcc v0.128. Jens Maus (mail jens-maus de). 2021-08-31.
- UPDATED: TheBar.mcc v26.22. Jens Maus (mail jens-maus de). 2021-08-31 .
- UPDATED: AmiSSL v5.11. AmiSSL Open Source Team. 2023-09-19.
- UPDATED: OpenURL 7.18. Jens Maus 2016-09-07.
- UPDATED: MMULib v47.6. Thomas.richter at alumni.tu-berlin.de (Thomas Richter) 2023-07-01.
- UPDATED: WBDock by Thomas Rapp. Version 2.896. 16-Jul-2023.
- UPDATED: MUI v5.0. 2021-08-31 by Thore Böckelmann and changed MUI prefs for iGame.
- UPDATED: iGame V2.4.1 2023-07-19 by mrzammler at freemail.gr (Emmanuel Vasilakis).
- UPDATED: TinyMeter 3.56 by gibs2b gmail com (Michael GIBS).
- UPDATED: iBrowse to 2.5.8 and TextHistory.mcc to 11.8 version for the installation.
- CHANGED: Magellan Start menus. Now in Sys:Utilities/Expansion/Opus5/Buttons we have a shorter version. There are three drawers with different versions to try if you wish.
- CHANGED: SID Station Radio stream changed as suggested by @bjdcleary at the EAB site.
- CHANGED: "Disable_CGXAga&Birdie" is now "Change_CGXAga&Birdie" with more options.
- CHANGED: Femu by Jari has been exchanged by SoftIEEE, developed by Thomas Richter. Version 40.6.1 from 2023-01-23.
- CHANGED: Cinemix radio station to use Amplifier and a new script.
- DELETED: Nostalgia, XPD and WNMC48 radios, no longer working.

* CGM UKScene Radio is an internet based Demoscene radio station, playing exclusively 8 & 16 bit; tracked, chip & module Demoscene songs, as well as in-game computer generated music.

QUESTIONS
----------------------
Q- My hard drive is full of things. Can I make the update?
A- You need at least 35 MB free on your hard drive for the update. The update installer will detect if you have room enough to update it.

Q- What happens if I'm using Mattahan’s icons and I update to AKReal 9.2, do I have to install it all again?
A- The installer will detect and update them. You can also install the complete pack over it or you also can use the Icons pack installers to install the original icons&original positions of them.

Q- It looks like you have a lot of work on your shoulders. Have you got a place to buy you a coffe?
A- Thanks for supporting the effort. Yep, there is a place to support this conversion at http://real.amiga.sk/donations.htm or Paypal-Me

THANKS
----------------------

To all of the ones that can give whatever kind of support... I can see and Feel it. You know: "Amiga: ... Still Alive!"

To @bjdcleary from Southampton at EAB for his suggestions. Very helpful.

Thanks to all of you who supported this or any previous version of AKReal: Oliver Roberts, Thomas Rapp, Richard Kapp, Peter Keunecke, Stephen Fellner, Henryk Richter, Thore, Jens Maus, Bert Jahn, Andreas Falkenhahn, Darius Brewka, Michael Gibs, Johnny Acevedo and many, many others.

Last edited by Retrofan; 22 December 2023 at 22:58.

Page generated in 0.04547 seconds with 11 queries