View Single Post
Old 24 August 2023, 09:26   #763
xavlahaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
You mean the CAMD music MIDI playback is stuttering?
Yes exactly, the music plays but there are delays, and the playback is not rhythmically tight, I wonder why indeed. I followed all your performance recommendations (PFS3 on Blizzard's SCSI, kickstart rom in fast, copymem patched, got 64 megs of ram, older version of AHI, etc...)
I got it running right with speech and midi music under the latest scummVM version 2.2 for 030 available on Github but it supports fewer games, unfortunately.
Quote:
if you want to play back music using sound blaster emulation or compressed music files then you'll need a more powerful CPU I'm afraid.
Ok, I understand. Too bad, I think going the "real" physical route with CDDA would be better for lower configs. so nothing would go to the CPU, just the audio comes out from headphones or those 4-pin connectors on the back of CD units to a physical mixer

Quote:
The latest AGA/RTG 060 versions already support CDDA music playback by converting the CDDA tracks first to OGG and then to WAV. The 030 build hasn't been updated for years and therefore doesn't contain this enhancement.
Nice! Do people report being able to run the FM-towns versions of Zak McKraken on those setups?

Page generated in 0.05500 seconds with 11 queries