View Single Post
Old 16 August 2023, 16:57   #168
paraj

Hi Toni,

Been using this more recently, great work as always, but I noticed a couple of issues:

1. WinUAE crashes if you trying to allocate a very large amount of memory (e.g. $40000000, but I think in general more than fits into debug memory). Repro in attached "alloc.exe"
I also think that trying to allocate an "abnormally" large amount of memory (say >=64MB) should cause a debug break, since it's going to be an error in 99.9% of cases. In the case I was looking at the upper word of D0 was junk when AllocMem was called.

2. It seems like something can go awry after reporting an error. I think it might be related to interrupts, but I'm not sure. In attached "test.exe" I continue with "g<enter>" a couple of times and it ends up executing "val" as an instruction. (Might relate to my next point)

3. Code like:
Code:
func:
    addq.w  #1,val
    rts
val:    dc.w 0
is extremely common, even if it makes your job harder . It would be nice if the SMC warnings could be inhibited on their own without affecting other memory warnings (i.e. a separate bit in inhibit_break for SMC). It seems like you get a hit for both the instruction fetch from modified memory, and an invalid access when updating "val".

4. HUNK_DREL32 (1015) doesn't seem to be supported - vasm will output these when not assembling with -kick1hunks. "drel32.exe" attached.

I'm testing by running
Code:
winuae64.exe -cfgparam=quickstart=A1200,3 -s filesystem2=rw,DH0:DH0:c:\Temp\uaedbg\hd,0 -s uaehf0=dir,rw,DH0:DH0:c:\Temp\uaedbg\hd,0 -cfgparam=debug_mem=true -G
Where the HD directory just contains the attached files.

Once again thanks for your hard work, and obviously this is not any kind of priority. It's still super useful.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z hd.7z (1.3 KB, 64 views)

Page generated in 0.04380 seconds with 12 queries