View Single Post
Old 09 August 2023, 23:07   #1
hitm4n

Modern era PD games

I'm working with the guys who make MegaAGS (AmigaVision) for the MiSTer and its been requested i put together a top 20 list of PD/Shareware games. Now i've come up with this list, excluding most 2+ player games so you won't see Tanx, Gravity Power, Rocketz etc. The list was much longer but i trimmed it down to this top 30... Its influenced a little by some of my favourites but i hope you'll agree these are mostly much loved PD games.

What do you think? What have i missed that is a widely regarded classic PD game? Now, this first list is intending to be classic era, so anything up to around the year 2000.

Deluxe Galaga
Deluxe Pacman
Amoeba Invaders
Cybernetix
Microbes
Super Obliteration
R3 - The Art Of Rocketry
Plat-Man
Super Foul Egg
Megaball (v4.1)
Breed 96
Nibby Nibble
Poing 7.14
Transplant
Alien Bash 2
Kastle Kumquat
Jelly Othelly
Diamond Caves II
Tetren
Llamatron
Motorola Invaders 2
Quest For Galaxia Drip
Boulderdash C64
Act Of War
Space Taxi 3
Aerial Racers Alien Fish Finger
Minerunner
Missiles Over Xerion
Poweroids Star Trek The Game (T.Richter)
Morton Strikes Back AGA

Following on from this, i think a modern era PD games list, another top 30, would be neat to have. What free/pd style games do you think should be included in a modern PD game style list? 2000 era onwards i guess, things that are maybe free from ItchIO or stuff by some of you guys on this forum. I know a lot of free ports have been done even just in the last couple of years. So what do you think? Cheers.

Last edited by hitm4n; 10 August 2023 at 19:27.

Page generated in 0.05989 seconds with 11 queries