View Single Post
Old 25 July 2023, 01:10   #3
lesta_smsc

Thank you for releasing this! This mod has been a very secretive endeavour to the point someone posted they wanted to make some more money off it before they would consider releasing it.

I know there are other mods including one on Aminet I believe but this seems to be a neater solution.

Now flashing GAL... I recall JTAGging a OBD2 connector to flash the GAL16V8D chip (same as the one you're using although this has D on end). I wonder if that could be used as a donor to flash this.

Keep up the good work! I've got quite a few drives here... including Sony MPF920. I currently prefer it for use on Greaseweazle as it was an NOS drive... might convert it.

Would a pic variant instead of PLCC work (cutting off pins to make it sit flat.

Update: Just a thought. Rather than modifying the floppy drives to effectively swap pins (to make PC floppy drive work on Amiga), would it not be better to just have a mini pcb / connector that can slot into the back of PC drive before you attach the floppy drive cable that effectively swaps the necessary pins thereby no need to mod drive at all (or even doing this on a cable directly)

On top of that, adding further circuitry on this board could work for signal interruption to allow GAL chip to work?

Last edited by lesta_smsc; 25 July 2023 at 03:15.

Page generated in 0.04136 seconds with 11 queries