View Single Post
Old 13 September 2004, 10:27   #82
Can we get back in topic please? I thought that Stefan added possitively to the topic.

Originally Posted by Akira
Please keep talking about "sync", having a poke at YM registers through ASM doesn't mean you know anything about music composition. I mean, you are saying a chip is comparable to another because someone had created an effect or technique that makes teh chip sound similar to ONE waveform of the SID.
Do you know everything about music composition? I suppose not. I know enough though when it comes down to ST sound and I talked about the ST sound, something that you know less than me. I thought it will be interesting to explain a few things though . As for chips comparison, I thought that many people in this topic compared the ST and the Amiga (including yourself) sound although they are different chips. It's not bad comparing, thing is to know a few things before comparing.

There are several tunes with sid-voice that sound a bit like C64 sounds, trust me on that. You can't judge from 1 or 2 YMs. Thing is that YMing on the ST has nothing to do with YMing on the CPC and Spectrum.

Thing is that nobody tried to imitate SID. That's why it was called Sid-voice. And I think I will disagree that they were fake sounds. When you have a specific hardware and you just use it to a great extend to develop something, it is not fake. Both the Atari ST and the Amiga were famous for pushing the hardware beyond their limits. What counts is the final outcome achieved through the current h/w. Regarding audio on the ST, all these effects make it sound different to what we already know from other computers based on the YM2149 chip. The reason for that is the extended ST YM scene as Stefan said, that pushed the hardware to its limits.

@Doomaster: Do you have any Falcons for sale?
Page generated in 0.05866 seconds with 9 queries