View Single Post
Old 13 September 2004, 00:55   #72

Originally Posted by DoomMaster
You are STILL missing the boat!
Please shut the fuck up. Your repetitiveness is annoying, why does anyone have to agree with the way you want tfor thsi thread?

If you want to know the answer to your question, go a page back and read that I LIKE THE BLOODY ST.

Your talk about MIDI ports and "general MIDI keybaord" is so laughable I won't even reply to it.

Hillsy: The music in Turrican Amiga doesn't "cut off" because the tFMX format has more channels of sound available, but this is done by software(clever programing). Same happened with Octamed. The meega only has 4 hardware channels of sound. But with the particular case of Turrican, I'm not sure, correct me if I'm wrong but the ST ony has 3 hardware channels. Amiga Turrican uses 3 channels for sound and 1 for FX (using 7 channels of TFMX would be much of a hog so this is only utilized in the intro music). If this is the case, the ST needs to cut one up to let the FX in.
Then people learned to do this "digidrum" thing they call, and faked a channel that lets you do samples. same happened on the C64.

Stefan: I'm not saying they are bad composer, maybe that what they are doing doesn't interest me. Same happens with LOTS of SID composers. I don't think they are taking the sound FORWARD.

So far there is only ONE current ST musician that I like, and he's Stu from DROPDABOMB.

from back in the 90s, I think only Hippel was the king.
Page generated in 0.05224 seconds with 9 queries