Well I bet you're all wondering where I've been all this time. Well I've been extremely busy working on my win32 IFF/ILBM Loader program. It's now finished and so I've decided to release it for free to the community. It's probably the most complete ILBM viewer on the PC as it can load every single type of picture. It's taken over six months and a helluva lot of hours pouring over the ROM Kernel Reference manuals but I've learnt a lot so I think it's been worth it. Hopefully in the future it may even evolve into an IFF Anim viewer program and an Amiga game development toolkit. So download it and try it out with some of your own IFF images and let me know what you all think of it. Enjoy!
- Can load any IFF from a 2 colour palette right upto IFF's with the maximum 256 (AGA) colour palette!
- Can load IFF images which use 24-bits per pixel allowing 16.7 million colours.
- Can load both compressed and non-compressed IFF/ILBM images.
- Can load IFF's which use any masking type from 0 to 3.
- Can load IFF's which use the standard HAM mode which allows 4,096 colours.
- Can load IFF's which use the newer HAM-8 mode which allows 262,144 colours.
- Can load IFF's which use Extra-Halfbrite mode which allows 64 colours.
- Allows the user to zoom in and out of the picture using either Page Up and Page Down or the mouse wheel to scroll upto a 10x zoom factor.
- Can export a 16-colour palette as a raw binary file. More will be added.
- Displays every piece of internal IFF/ILBM information at the click of a mouse.
- Gives the user some general information about their OpenGL implementation.
- Gives the user the ability to rescale the image back to it's original size and position with a simple click of the right mouse button.