View Single Post
Old 07 September 2004, 03:39   #1
S. Campbell

How to install something on HD?

Can anyone help me with this? I've been struggling all day and got nowhere.

I have a copy of Pinball Brain Damage (five ADFs), which will only run from HD. I want to install it in WinUAE (0.991). I have a 100MB hardfile set up and formatted. I also have a Workbench ADF (1.3.2).

When I boot up with Workbench in DF0: and the Pinball Brain Damage boot disk (disk 5) in DF0:, it shows up as "Boot Disk", containing a single file called "INSTALL". (Sounds promising, right?) Clicking on that brings up an "IconX" window which has a little think and then says "Must be in a command file" and fails.

If I go to "Execute command" and type "INSTALL DH0:" or "INSTALL [DH0:]" or anything else I can think of that might conceivably be the install instruction, I get a "Failed returncode 20" or something equally helpful.

If I boot up without Workbench and with the Pinball BD boot disk in DF0:, I just get dumped to the classic useless Amiga CLI prompt.

I downloaded a "WHDLoad" file for it, but it makes about as much sense to me as trigonometry to a drunk weasel.

Now I remember why AP used to unfailingly espouse its total loathing of Workbench and the Amiga's operating system in general at every possible opportunity. I really fucking hope Commodore go bust 10 years ago.

Can anyone, using words of one syllable or fewer, tell me exactly what I have to do to get this Godforsaken game running? Any help much appreciated.

Last edited by S. Campbell; 07 September 2004 at 03:51.

Page generated in 0.04779 seconds with 11 queries