View Single Post
Old 09 May 2023, 09:54   #93
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie
I was asking this because I saw a video where he advocates for the usage of both:
If the blurbuster says that a "Vsync" activated in parallel to g-sync does not cause the typical Vsync LAG, I take the possibility to run both in parallel again. (provided in next nightly)

However, it should not be necessary to enable Vsync with VRR. Perhaps there are systems where it is necessary. I can't say for sure without having tested all these systems.
The "VRR" option in Denise is basically the necessary frame limiter as Rivatuner provides.
Can I also use Rivatuner? No, because the rate is dynamic. The C64 used for PAL 50.125, the Amiga 49.92 or 50.08 or 50 in the case of lace or any other rate (forced by the software, B.C. Kid 56.408)
Now you don't want to constantly take over the current rate from the emulator in the Rivatuner. That would be inconvenient.

--------------

Tried Gamebase in a sandbox but I'm having trouble.

The frontendloader calls the emulator with parameters and I can also test this in the command line and therefore do not need the frontendloader.
It's about making several ADF's of a game available via one or two emulated drives.
What is currently already possible is to start the App with several AFD's. e.g. Denise.exe disk1.adf disk2.adf
Only then 2 drives are emulated. A game with many floppy disks cannot be loaded in this way, because not all games support multiple drives or there are simply too much followup disks.

Denise already uses a disk swapper and i could design the command line like this:
Denise.exe disk_swapper_1 disk1.adf disk_swapper_2 disk2. ADF ... etc.

In the emulator, a disc from the swapper can then be inserted via hotkeys.
With another hotkey it is possible to select the drive in which the swapper inserts. (in case of 2 or more drives are in use)

Now the question, can you design the command line in gamebase or is a precise specification of the parameter names necessary?
options:
Denise.exe disk_swapper_1 d1.adf disk_swapper_2 d2.adf disk_swapper_3 d3.adf

or

Denise.exe disk_swapper game.zip (swapper will be populated with all ADF's in ZIP )

Last edited by PiCiJi; 09 May 2023 at 10:00.

Page generated in 0.04171 seconds with 11 queries