Thread: Open Workbench
View Single Post
Old 09 March 2023, 11:01   #27
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
On the contrary, have you tried Scalos on AROS, I do ? at the moment Scalos is in the works, there are so many incompatibilities, and graphical artifacts, to work and avoid conflicts, they would have to eradicate Wanderer, which is impossible at the moment, and how to get rid of Workbench on Amiga

If you have the right hardware Wandere is faster than Magella and Scalos, especial,ly in handling windows with many Icons, trust me !
And how do you define specific filetypes and context menus in Wanderer?

Regarding Scalos, it is working quiet well on 68k (after Deadwood did a lot of fixes) so I do not know what you exactly mean. Of course that can be different on X86 (and you are more interested in X86 than in 68k, what is ok to me). And yes directories with many icons are shown slower than on Wanderer, on the other hand you can configure almost everything including icon handling. You do not have that on Wanderer, propably not even on Workbench with VisualPref. Additionally Scalos implements Workbench behavior so for people not liking Magellan because of the difference it is a good compromise between having something like Workbench and a really modern desktop.

Page generated in 0.05458 seconds with 11 queries