View Single Post
Old 23 December 2022, 17:08   #12
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by A500+ View Post
3) Does anyone know if DM 2 has any of the same problems or does the WHDLoad install of that game work 100% through to completion.
DM2 has to be installed on HD and does not really need whdload. It is not copy protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Might work fine on an A1200 with just some extra ram (don't know if the internal 14 mhz 68020 is fast enough).
It should run on unexpanded A1200, at least for original dungeons. No need for extra ram (it uses around 1MB).

Quote:
Are they the original games just with some quality of life improvements added?
Original dungeons have been kept unchanged, except for a few bug fixes (it was previously possible to lock yourself in some levels).
Also DM has end animation sequence from PC version.

Quote:
A quick glance seems like there are also custom dungeons added? Do you know if they're optional or not? Cool to check out but I'm looking for as close to the original as I can get - just for the nostalgia really.
Of course they are optional. If you only want original dungeons, just play original dungeons.
Note that FTL actually made other games using same engine than just DM and CSB : Kid's dungeon and Theron's quest. They are included too.

Quote:
Also do you know if you can import DM saves in CSB on those versions?
Only if you played DM with that same program. Due to added functionnality it is not compatible with original saves.
Then you don't even need to save the game for your party to go from DM to CSB because utility disk is integrated and does that on current party.

Quote:
It seems there's no way to import a DM save into CSB on Amiga via emulation then?
I have patched CSB 3.3 for HD install and full crack, but it's french version only.

Page generated in 0.04939 seconds with 10 queries