View Single Post
Old 08 December 2022, 18:04   #286
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Tried the WHD'fied CD32 version of Brutal Football through emulation this afternoon, one can choose between 1 button, 2 buttons, CD32 controller right before the game starts. In 2 buttons mode, the second button will pause the game (once the game is paused, music can be switched off, game can be resumed or abandoned).

As mentioned earlier, the disk version cannot be run on ECS chipset (slave author mentions something about buggy memory detection), meaning I cannot play it on my machine (tried each and every version, including Crazy Football). disk 2 ADF won't load in my gotek no matter what, but indeed, there is some mention of a two button controller when choosing level of difficulty. The game can be played with a single button controller though, will let you know next time I play (well, get beaten) against the CPU (the classic way, aka using a quick config in WinUAE).

So for the time being, I don't know exactly if (and how) this should be mentioned in your list, but, even though using a CD32 joypad seems to be the more convenient way to play the game, CD32 / AGA version ALSO supports 2 button joysticks / joypads.

Last edited by SquawkBox; 08 December 2022 at 19:34.

Page generated in 0.07253 seconds with 11 queries