View Single Post
Old 28 July 2004, 14:04   #26
Global Moderator

And here is my show report!

I drove to Croydon last Friday afternoon to meet up Antiriad, but I was about half an hour late because of the damn traffic on the M25 motorway. We then discovered that the hotel booked Antiriad for Saturday and Sunday night, instead of Friday and Saturday. We did find another hotel though, but they asked us if we wanted a double room (ahem) after I failed to make it clear that we only required a single as I was staying at my brother's place (which is also in Croydon).

The show was from 10am to 7pm on Saturday. We got set up early, but the Internet cabling didn't reach us until later in the day and then we couldn't get it working. So there was no access to the HOL from the show. The CD32 hard disk got corrupted at one point, which put it out of action for a while. Luckily Big Byte was there with floppy disks and an external drive, so we were able to sort it out. We had my brother's widescreen TV for the CD32 and lots of WHDLoad games - it proved a popular attraction. A PC also displayed APoV and was running WinUAE.

Sunday wasn't as busy, but we still met lots of people. The CAPS guys were close to us and I met GameBase64 and Retro Gamer magazine people too. The whole thing was quite tiring, but enjoyable. And for everything that went wrong something else went right, such as somebody rediscovering Xenon 2 or my car Shadowfax showing us the meaning of haste.

It was a good show and if there is one next year we'll do it again!
Page generated in 0.10920 seconds with 9 queries