View Single Post
Old 18 March 2022, 13:56   #359
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
Sorry to bring this thread back from the past. But as managed to get a hold of the 2.5 version off an EBay seller (Had contacted Ian first but he told me he hadn’t anymore for sale).
Can anyone confirm if these adapters are supposed to work with a PC floppy drive where you power in the Amiga and the PC floppy drive has a click signal waiting for a disk to be inserted?

At the moment I only appear to get this to work with a floppy disk already inserted into the drive and powering up. No go if I just try to insert a floppy disk (Bootable) after powering up as it does nothing.

The seller has given me a Standard straight through floppy cable (no twist) and I’m just plugging in power directly into the floppy drive.

Have tried changing the jumpers on the adapter from ext to int and Df0 to df1 etc…

There is also a 4 pin power connector on the adapter. So I take it this is if you want to use bypass power to the Floppy drive?
Okay looks like the resolution here is that SJ1 on the boards I received from the seller were not jumpered. Just applied a blob of solder to bridge the 2 points and all is well.

Page generated in 0.06743 seconds with 11 queries