View Single Post
Old 13 January 2022, 21:13   #17
Brick Nash
Prototron

Quote:
Hell... I'd be perfectly happy, even with Richard Aplin's port, if the gameplay was closer to arcade, and added grab move.
Even occasional slowdowns, wouldn't bother me.
This pretty much sums up what I was trying to do. I'm not looking for arcade perfect, but rather just a slightly enhanced version of the original OCS/ECS Amiga game which I played a lot back in the day.

I'd be perfectly happy if I could get it to round about the same speed as Richard Aplin's game - even with the slowdown (which never really bothered me). The Background replacing is such a resource hog though, and I can actually get 5 enemies on screen with no slowdown on a cycle exact 68000 setting with it turned off, but obviously the tiles don't get cleaned.

I even tried duel playfiled mode so Bobs and Backgrounds had their own layers and I didn't have to do any tile replacing, but the reduction to 7 colours for each playfiled just looked too rough.

BTW, I though Richard did a great job on the 1991 game, but obviously he got a raw deal from US Gold in terms of time and resources.

Page generated in 0.04284 seconds with 11 queries