View Single Post
Old 07 June 2004, 18:39   #27
Mangar
Got the fever back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalai
This sounds like a great idea, I've been waiting for a front-end to do the config job for ages. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to have a quick game of something, but instead just spent 30 minutes playing with the WinUAE config to get the game to work properly.

I'm curious though, how are you going to handle the input config? Will all the configs contributed have to default to using Keyboard Layout X?
This is something I will be talking with Runey about. In order for Gamebase to be a viable tool for all there has to be a way that the user can determine during install or prior to launching the database certain settings that are machine dependent AND would be the same for every game.

Settings like CPU and chipset could be determined by the creator of the database but settings like sound, display, etc would be considered system dependent and should be able to be set by the user for all games in the database in one quick stroke.

Btw, Runey, you can contact me on my e-mail address at allan.hartigan @ canoemail.com

Page generated in 0.05003 seconds with 9 queries