View Single Post
Old 17 July 2021, 21:24   #12
BarryB
Amigaholic

I use WinUAE and just file copied the disk in DiskMaster 2 to RAM: until I got an error, then saw what folder the file copy stopped on which was 'l' so opened that and file copied each file until and found Shell-Seg failed to copy, then carried on copying the rest of the folders/files until 'rugby' failed to copy from the root directory!

I also use a program called 'Discovery' that lets you examine the sectors of the disk, and seeing how tracks 12.0/12.1 and 13.0 were bad you can step through those tracks and see which sectors were bad, plus you can see the sector headers and see which block the directory entry is located so you can see which file it relates to, which was block 939 for 'rugby' and block 1128 for 'Shell-Seg'.

Seeing as the PDX 'crack' had identical sector checksums for all the good sectors in your dump on tracks 12.0/12.1/13.0, it was 'safe' to assume the bad sectors would have been the same checksums too so I just used X-Copy to copy those tracks to the ADF in WinUAE, after that the ADF booted just like the original!

Page generated in 0.04796 seconds with 11 queries