View Single Post
Old 12 July 2021, 21:29   #1
guybrush

A1200 issues with HD LED and FDD spinning

I have a 1200 in a case, so I have extensions LED for power and FDD; although the LED for the HDD stays always on. I am using a SD2IDE adapter as hard drive.

The LED on the SD2IDE device is red to show the device is on, and green when there is disk activity; it flash fine so I guess something is wrong with how the Amiga read those info from the device? I did not remember if I had the same issue while using a CF2IDE adapter; but it is not super useful to have the HDD LED always on, and being unable to see the disk activity. How can I fix this?

Also my FDD spin every time my Gotek is reading or writing data (they are connected in sequence; and I have a switch for the drive selector I made, modifying a floppy ribbon cable, so I can flip drives at will).

You can hear the floppy drive motor go on at full speed (the one that make the disk spin, not the head motor) every time I have the gotek selected and I am reading an ADF file; and this is concerning me because it could reduce the lifespan of the actual floppy drive of course. I could disconnect the power on the floppy, but then I would need to open up the case when I want to use the floppy instead of the gotek. Is there any off the shelf solution or pre-made cable that allow you to flip between a gotek and a floppy but that turn off the floppy too?

Page generated in 0.04680 seconds with 11 queries