View Single Post
Old 12 July 2021, 10:53   #57
TCH
Newbie Amiga programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH View Post
i just need to pull mysfelf together and release v1.1.0.
For which the time has come now.

PNG2ILBM v1.1.0 has been released with HAM and ACBM support:
- Numeric arguments are now accepting hexadecimal (prefix: 0x), octal (prefix: 0o) and binary (prefix: 0b) numbers too, not just decimal.
- Enhanced 12-bit quantization, no more color collosions. (But unused colors still can occur.)
- Quantization now detects if the palette has not been changed during quantization and performs a simple color match instead of euclidean search, which vastly speeds up quantization.
- Unified (one-step) colorcounting in quantization, which slightly speeds up quantization if the desired number of colors in the image is lower than or equal to the actual number of colors. (And negligibly slows it down if it is higher.)
- Colorcounting now also can "export" it's "trees" which can be used to significantly speed up euclidean search by assigning the results to a pixel value.
- Cardinally faster dithering.
- New option: "kp", keeps original palette. This is useful, if you used a modern painter to create a palette based image and you want to convert it to ILBM, with the palette entries simply copied, instead of quantized. Further information in the program's help.
- New option: "ham", creates HAM image. HAM5 and HAM7 are not supported, only HAM6 and HAM8.
- New option: "cs", shows how much unique colors the resulting image got.
- New option: "acbm", saves the output image in Amiga Continuous Bitmap (ACBM) instead of Interleaved Bitmap (ILBM).
- A bit more readable output.
- Some minor internal changes.
- Fixed: Missing source pointer incrementing in 4-bit PNG-s, causing shifts in picture or segfaults.
- Fixed: Register preserving and overriding did not worked, if the number of allowed colours exceeded the colour count.
- Fixed: Page width and height maximum checking was checked the image width and height instead.
- Fixed: Non-freed areas during color counting.
- Fixed: Image aspect ratios in the BMHD chunk were incorrect.
- Fixed: Missing padding byte in odd-length ILBM files.
- Fixed: Segfault if a numeric argument was left empty.
- New platforms: Solaris i386, Haiku AMD64, OpenBSD AMD64, NetBSD i386, NetBSD AMD64

Notes:
- As stated in the help, if you convert into a HAM6 image, the usage of option
f4b
(force 4-bit) is highly recommended, otherwise the image might be full of "stripes". (You can see what i mean here: HAM6 with 24-bit palette, HAM6 with 12-bit palette)
- It turned out, that under 68000 the program is much faster if it's only use the
mathffp.library
, instead of the
mathieee#?.library
-s, while under 68020, it's much slower (i don't know how did SASC manage to do that), so from now, the 68000 version needs only the
mathffp.library
which is in the KickStart already.
- Linux PowerPC and MorphOS PowerPC platform support has NOT been dropped, it's just, my flat is a mess now and i do not have the means, the space and the time to put my PowerPC environments together, so no new version for those two platforms, at least for now.

Downloads are here.

Last edited by TCH; 08 December 2023 at 19:15. Reason: Old link died, new added.

Page generated in 0.06531 seconds with 11 queries