View Single Post
Old 28 May 2004, 15:30   #29
manicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
SWOS can not be compared to Player Manager. Kick Off 2 should be compared to SWOS, because after all, both are pure soccer games. Player Manager is a pure manager game. SWOS is a soccer game AND a manager game. But as we're comparing the gameplay mechanics, SWOS and Kick Off 2 can be compared without doubt.
Are you sure you 've ever played Player Manager? Why should be called PLAYER Manager? It's not a pure management game. You can be a manager and you can also play the games using your joystick. As I said, SWOS and Player manager, SS and KO2.

Quote:
The passes in SWOS also depends on the quality of the player. Also, the heading, shooting, dribling, tacling, all depends on on the players skills, just like in real life. I don't mind people liking Kick Off 2 better, but when the put themselves above SWOS lovers because Kick Off 2 is a harder game to get into (but equally difficult to master) I have to disagree. Also, when they attack SWOS for not having features that Kick Off 2 has when it does, it is only right to correct them.

After all, both are excellent football games, but I think Kick Off has aged a bit. Really, I bought the new one too (kick off 2002), and it's really very much the same game but with a few more features. I still prefer Kick Off 2 over the new one though, but overall I like SWOS even better than everything else. That's doesn't mean Kick Off 2 doesn't deserves a place in the top 10 most important amiga games.

oh, and just so we don't drag this into the fullest, let's give up the argument there, shall we?
I agree 101% with you. The biggest attack in history of the KO series-SS series has been from my friend ( ) Stuart Cambell to any Amiga user out there who liked KO2. As I said, they are different games for different people. The only common thing is that they are football games. Although SS developers have been inspired heavily by KO2, SS is a completely different game to me. The distinction has to be made though:

SWOS and Player manager, SS, KO2, Goal!.

Page generated in 0.05096 seconds with 9 queries