View Single Post
Old 26 May 2021, 22:08   #282
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaytan View Post
First thing first, is your OSSC firmware updated to the latest version (0.88)?

My advice is to read the wiki to better understand the various options available:

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC

Besides the Advanced timing tweaker, most of the settings are shared between video modes, you can either use the onscreen feature or the display of the OSSC itself to navigate through the menu (useful when you don't have a video output).

This is what I would do in your situation:

-Set a known working workbench screen mode like PAL HiRes 640x256.
-Change the Allow upsample2x on the OSSC to ON.
-Set 480p/576p proc in Output opt. to 2X.
-Set Line2x mode to Generic 4:3
-Go back to ScreenMode Prefs and using the Test button try the DblPAL 640x512 no flicker mode and see if you get the test pattern working.

Let us know if you make any progress

Yes Firmware is up to date, I flashed it with the most recent like 2 days ago. The remote then stopped working and I had to reprogram.

I will look through the wiki but it kind of glosses over stuff assuming I know what everything is. I know basic stuff but don't really get resolution theory and in the past I was used to get one setting and when it works stick with it. Where as now I am after perhaps better quality since I have the hardware that is supposed to get me pixel perfect.

Ok I will follow your steps

I guess my main gripe is there isn't a series of steps really documented like you have and @MrClump.

So one thing I was unsure of is the selection, it just seems to be flicking aimlessly through a menu.

Anyways..........

So nothing else works other than 480p/576p at passthru

so how do I use the other sizes like 980/1024 or whatever it is?

Are these not selectable options?

And once I select an option say like 480p/576p then do I mess with the line modes options below? Just the way it's laid is bizarre, the all look like separate choices.

May be I'm just stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClump View Post
I've got it set to off with DBLPAL, if I set it to on I still get an image but it get shifted over to the far right.

I don't really understand what that setting does!
Yes I get this too once I get an image. Then have to mess with those settings to try and get the picture in the centre. It's actually a horrendous nightmare.

Quote:
I think it's unlikely your OSSC is faulty, as it seems to be basically working. When I've fiddled with it, a black screen seems to one the most common symptom of having a setting wrong.

When you get a black screen is that following some sort of on screen message such as "No sync", "Out of range" or similar, or more that the monitor is just displaying the colour black?

This is actually good news! It tells you that your monitor does support 50Hz at least at 640x512, so may very well do at 1280x1024!
Well here is hoping, you sound like you know what half that jargon means so I am confident it is possible despite being like this right now
Quote:
IMO that wiki is part of the problem for someone coming to the OSSC and trying to figure out how the hell to get the thing working. It's full of terms that assume you already have a good level of knowledge, and little explanation to help noobs.

I read it multiple times and just got more and more confused and have only managed to figure out the basic level of knowledge I've managed to gain from watching multiple how-to videos on YouTube instead.

Yes I agree, I basically say that above, it's like for people who already know what stuff is and how it all relates to one another. I don't understand what the selectable video outputs are and why the Amiga one is affected by the 480p mode unless I fuck about with some more setting somewhere else and fight my way back from having a black screen again.

Truly appreciate your help guys

Page generated in 0.06940 seconds with 11 queries