View Single Post
Old 22 April 2021, 19:07   #4
Rissy

It was in Amiga Test Kit i noticed the time was 1hr behind, and frozen. I went into this after booting into WB and noticing that during booting, it gave the message to say there was no battery backed clock available. In Amiga Test Kit, F8 told me that the chip was recognised for the RTC, and it showed me the time, but the seconds were not oscillating. I thought "that's weird, i'm sure this shows the seconds moving!?" I set the time to the correct time, and still no seconds movement. So it was at this point i was doubting myself, and tried booting into WB again. This time, it came up with the correct time and date during booting sequence rather than the mesaage saying no battery backed clock. Within WB, looking at the clock widget, the time was indeed working, and you could watch the seconds move. So then i rebooted again back into Amiga Test kit, pressed F8, and right enough now the seconds were oscillating there too! So basically, it looks to me that the time time was being kept, in 2021, even the correct date and only 1 hr out, but it was frozen there, unable to move....and then it started moving again after a short time of the Amiga having power on it.

I checked it again this morning after being powered down all night, and even switched off at the wall, and once again, both WB and Amiga Test Kit was fine. Time was correct and seconds oscillating...

Weird eh.

Page generated in 0.04449 seconds with 11 queries