View Single Post
Old 14 May 2004, 11:41   #50

Originally Posted by manicx
Well I can probably say the same to you. You said that PSP looks more adult oriented. Based on what? The design or the hardware? Can you please answer this question?
The physical design. Can you define "looks"? would I define looks based on hardware specs? does a woman look pretty only because you heard she's good at maths?

The technology used in DS is a touch screen, voice recognition, wi-fi and so on These are technology! The design puts these technological bits together. Design is how to use these in one piece of hardware. You have the hardware ie chips, LCD screens etc and you make a design to incorporate all these together.
Oh my, now you will teach me about design. No thanks. You even said it yourself, those things are technology, not design. Therefore this is a "revolutionary" concept design-wise. The technology bits on its own are just technology, unless you analize their design. Whatever. Design is NOT the case these things are put on, if you think so, you better stop talking about design and getting on with something else. Or if you are interested, learn something about design.
Every PDA has it but this is a ...
Concept. Clever one as I said. But not revolutionary.
Voice Recognition an arse? Can you use arguments to explain this to me better? I think this is great. Can you imagine handicapped people playing games on it? Sweet.
You have obviously never used a speech recognition system, ever. Otherwise you would know what I'm talking about. Speech recognition is a mighty fine idea but its application is so bad that it's useless. My mac's voice recognition system is arse, are you expecting a handheld console aimed for kids to have a system better than those that cost shitloads of money and are not even perfect? Voice recognition is an area of computing that is not very evolutioned, because it's hard to do.

And I don't give a shit if it's bluetooth, wifi or ham radio. wireless connectivity it is and it's not novel. My NeoGeo Pocket had wireless capabilities (connect to another unit to play wireless)
Page generated in 0.05518 seconds with 9 queries