View Single Post
Old 14 May 2004, 10:49   #47

Originally Posted by manicx
Well, a handheld that needs a special carrying case? I am not hanging this thing in my neck. I don't want to look like a cow with a bell in my neck. This thing is huge. Although they call it habdheld, I think that it is huge.
Let me repeat myself

Technology-wise or design-wise? Technology wise nintendo's hardware is revolutionary for a handheld game console. Sony's is evolutionary.
My my mate, you are confusing the terms yourself put forth. The Nintendo DS is revolutionary DESIGN-WISE, not technology-wise. The design is innovative. Design is not just the stupid case it comes in, this is a product, an OBJECT, a system. The concept of dual screens, touch screen, voice recogniotion and wireless are design, not technology. CONCEPT. The technology to achieve these tasks is far from revolutionary. Actually the PSP's hardware isn't revolutionary either, since it's almost a PS2. Compared to previous handhelds, both machines have pushed the hardware up a bit. Evolutionary if you want to say so. But all the stuff you mention is PURE DESIGN.

And if we're picky, this design is not even revolutionary. Dual screens? Nintendo themselves used them in the 80s! Touchscreen? Every PDA has it. Voice Recognition? we all know it's arse. Wireless connectivity? I think my mom's microwave has bluetooth :P all this stuck into one machine... Clever, but not revolutionary in my opinion. The only strange or new thing will be teh inclusion of a second screen on a game system of this type. It worked well with Game & watchs (to an extent, I never got used to dual screeners), but who knows about this. Somebody mentioned teh attention issue here, it could be a problem!
Page generated in 0.43838 seconds with 9 queries