Thread: Scorpion Engine
View Single Post
Old 02 April 2021, 06:40   #668
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixel View Post
You guys are the best btw I sometimes need to hear this stuff apparently, haha.

Is anyone solely making a living from indie retro dev anyway? I'd have thought it's all just labours of love regardless of platform?
It is a labour of love. Even more reason to just do what you want to do regardless of the lamenters.

Quote:
The diversity of Amiga is a boon to me.. If everyone targeted the low end we'd be seriously hobbling the potential for original games (not just ports from other platforms). When I originally "left" the Amiga platform I had an A1200/040, if you'd told me, in the late 90s, that I'd be making Amiga games in 2021(!) but for some reason I'd be targeting the 1MB A500 I'd abandoned years ago by that point (of all things) I'd think you were crazy, haha.
Well, if that's your point of view of why YOU target that specific range, then that's good for you.
I'd just add, that the reason why people are doing game dev on these old machines now doesn't need to be the reason why people did it back then.

Quote:
My dream project is not a game for an unexpanded A500+, and for me to keep momentum I have to love what I'm doing...
Yep
Quote:
Market size isn't even part of the equation. If I wanted maximum reach I wouldn't be making it for *any* retro platform.
Yep, it's a labour of love.
Quote:

IMO Scorpion has the potential to be a way bigger deal than folk realise.
Thinking the same here.
If this follows through with what is already possible on it, I see most Amiga game dev happening on it over the next years.

Page generated in 0.07061 seconds with 11 queries