View Single Post
Old 25 March 2021, 03:36   #28
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Correct.. you have too manually assign each adf to each slot.
Not if you use Jeff's HxC Floppy Emulator manager, at least the version he fixed a few months ago. One can populate, "pre-assign" so to speak, each of the 999 slots of the Gotek that way. The command to use is the following :
Code:
HXCFEMNG.exe -disk:F:  -setslots:mylist.txt
where F: is the letter Windows assigned to your flash drive. It will read a txt file on your local drive that reflects the exact ADF's location / position on your flash drive and fill in the necessary entries in a config file that the Gotek will rely on at boot up time. IMHO, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter much if you have modified your Gotek with the LCD mod or not. Just have the slot list displayed on your smartphone next to your miggy or something, and voila.

Since Akira withdrawn his Gotek game pack for reasons peculiar to him, I thought I could come up with something of the same stripe. So I worked on a bunch of ADF's, games that were cracked which I particularly appreciate and commend. You won't find a couple of "classics" which I can't be bothered to play. That's why I made an additional pack, in case some of you would like to make adjustments of your own. Nevertheless, even with that in mind, my selection is partial, I didn't want to make a "best selling games" or "most voted" list, just the games I like most or that I am most likely to play for an extended period of time (so please, don't bother asking me "where is Lotus 2 ?" or "how could you have omitted Chaos Engine 2 ?" I do have heterogeneous tastes, that's how it is).
One other point worth mentioning is that I included save files in ADF format for any given game that supports them, they are labeled Disk_1a, Disk_1b.
So featured on the file server, under SquawkBox Upload folder, you will find (free of any ks, wb files) :
  • Pete's Gotek pack, that's the one I talked about in August 2020. There was a small issue that chip made me aware of. Because of that, I had to delete / reupload it once more, no need to re-download the pack if you have done so in the first place
  • That new Gotek game pack, let's call it SquawkBox's GOTEK Game Pack 1.0
By the way, the support files from Pete's pack may be obsolete, it's his contribution so I'll leave it unaltered. Don't hesitate to share your comments and feedback about this little project. It really made my life easier to tap into DamienD collection content while looking for the right set of ADF's for certain games, so greetings goes to him. Oh, last but not least, you may use a 1 GB flash drive with that collection, thus keeping your bigger ones for other purposes.
In case you wonder, the additional pack contains among other : Games that might be too slow on an plain A500 "better on AGA" as I would designate these, English versions of games that bear French language solely in the main pack, a couple of interesting games in German, games that are presented as extended ADF's (e.q. Ambermoon) for which no proper set of standard ADF's was released...

Last edited by SquawkBox; 26 March 2021 at 03:40.

Page generated in 0.04602 seconds with 11 queries