View Single Post
Old 20 March 2021, 01:40   #7
Ionizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Does it still crash if you disable all partitions in early boot menu? If not, try all combinations to narrow down if the cause is specific partition.

Also mount the drive using UAE controller, enable logging, boot. Check the log, perhaps partition table logging shows something interesting.

Another possibility (that can accidentally happen if you never changed the hardware): drives might have different filesystems (or different versions) stored in RDB but with same dostype. In this case result depends on behavior of HD controller driver and/or order of drives.
Thanks.

It's trying to boot from the WB_2.x: partition that causes the crash. Even with all other partitions disabled with the boot menu. There is only one filesystem stored in the RDB for that drive.

It can mount 2 of the 3 drives, but crashes if it tries to boot from the boot drive. That has two partitions, WB_2.x: and DH0: neither of which mount. DH1: and DH2: from drives 2 and 3 mount if I boot from a floppy image.

It only crashes when trying to boot from WB_2.x:

I've used a program, called SCSIMounter to mount the two images after a floppy boot but it fails silently.

For logging do you mean the checkbox "Create winuaelog.txt log"? I set up the UAE controller to boot from but the winuaebootlog.txt file shows nothing about mounting drives.

Frustrating as I know I got this to work in the past on an Android tablet. Just zero luck after weeks of poking at it.

Still trying to work with the debugger but just can't tell where it crashes. I don't have a way to really know what it's doing at each stage.

Page generated in 0.04162 seconds with 11 queries