View Single Post
Old 10 February 2021, 20:07   #464
mkstr

Not abandoned, but I have been too busy to think about it with lockdowns and home-schooling. I am also watching PiStorm (and Buffee) closely in case it renders this obsolete. I've felt for a while that software emulation would offer the most cost effective accelerator solution, but I also note that there are a lot of "purists" in the scene that might prefer an FPGA solution over software, because it's considered to be less like emulation. I was surprised to see (just now) that PiStorm is still a way behind my prototype in terms of SysInfo Dhrystones.

The A1200 version, by the way, hit a roadblock because the FPGA hasn't got enough pins to be able to use the same one.

Regarding a dev board solution - if I was to look at this option it would probably be with the DE0 nano (with a corresponding reduction in performance) because it's a better form-factor. The Arty board has barely got enough pins and they are split across different headers sitting in different orientations, so the prototype has all kinds of bodge wires to make it work.

Page generated in 0.04345 seconds with 11 queries