View Single Post
Old 07 February 2021, 13:26   #4006
steptoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
If anybody is interested in DOS games for the PC, I came across this searching for something a good while back

Off topic somewhat, but may help those in search of DOS games and is in a similar vein to Damien's collection but DOS only

Running emulated DOS on an emulated Amiga could be pushing the limits on some systems especially those who run it via laptop or low end systems, which is what I think some are asking

Its a HUGE download (500 GB) and takes considerable time to unpack but its all there ready to run with over 7000 DOS games, configured and runable

https://exodos.the-eye.us/

There is download though from the same project site, that is only 50 GB and downloads only the games you choose to after installation, so only downloads the minimum where the pack above is everything

https://exodos.the-eye.us/lite.html

I've downloaded and installed the exodos_lite, and have to say its very very easy to use via LaunchBox. I also have an older BigBox license that worked before I moved over to RetroFE. Games that are not listed are auto downloaded via the included Bittorrent client so be patient for downloads and the config after takes a few seconds and make sure any virus software is set to allow the ExoDOS folder full internet access via your whitelist as this caught me out and had me head scratching for a while when games were not downloading

I use RetroFE on a BarTop cabinet I built, the Amiga WinUAE pack ran very easily from that with minimal headaches in the RetroFE setup and I also altered the Amiga game configs slightly to have LEDs always displayed when loading and disk clicking for audible confirmations when loading from disk. I also turned off scanlines as I personally don't like the effect

I now need to get the ExoDOS pack running from RetroFE, so will probably end up downloading the whole 500GB pack to avoid any downloading and manual per game config settings via the BarTop wireless

I run the entire BarTop RetroFE install from a 2TB portable USB3 hard drive, except the boot drive that stays in the BarTop, so I can easily update or add games via the main desktop simply by plugging it into it and copying files over and its ready to test and run

Page generated in 0.04166 seconds with 11 queries