View Single Post
Old 04 February 2021, 13:06   #259
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremiso View Post
thank you for this beta release @mcgeezer

i'm playing it via winuae (standard A1200 emulation)
no crash/guru or strange issues so far

randomly picky things :

there is a black screen that you need to skip pressing fire, passing from the main menu to the game itself, but i presume it's just due to my winuae setup

not easy to keep the car on track, i'm crashing everywere
i would like a slower acceleration, and a faster braking effect when you release the button.
It's not easy to recognize the front of your car, and this can be an issue restarting after a crash, considering that also after a light bump the car change direction (after the rebound); so can happen that you rotate the car, press fire, and you go in the opposite direction...
maybe avoiding to change direction of the car after a crash, could help

waiting for the next updates, keep it up the good work
Thank you very very much for the feedback here!

The Black screen you are seeing is probably because you have fast ram enabled in an old version of WinUAE - I had this same issue when running version 3.4 only to realise it wasn't my code but the emulation.

Agree the game is too fast, I think the start speed should be the max speed the car can go. Also the drones are too fast so I will tone those down too.

The car changing direction after a bump is a bug, it only happens on specific impact frames so I need to fish those out. Unless you tell me the car changes direction on every bump? In general if you hit a barrier head on then the car should rebound backwards but keep the same direction, if you hit it on a corner it should rebound off.

Perhaps try setting you WinUAE to use Double Fields, this way the graphics look much clearer and you'll see the front of the car easily.

Thanks,
Geezer

Page generated in 0.04628 seconds with 11 queries