View Single Post
Old 31 January 2021, 20:08   #573
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanScott View Post
There's no real overlayed parallax though, that's just different scroll values split down the screen. AGA is perfectly capable of that

Exactly like that? Without compromising colour count and the number of objects on screen? I can't seem to remember any Amiga game that does it.

The rare examples I can recall in the Amiga realm of something remotely like this is Jim Power, Apache, Shadow of the Beast, Chuck Rock 2 and Agony. The first two seem to not compromise colour, but all the others look too pastel to be as impressive as Coryoon is, with grainy colours and lots of dithering. I know none of them are AGA, though. If you say it's possible, then I believe it, but out of curiosity: what game has it implemented in the same ilk or form as Coryoon does?

There are other examples, like some bonus stages of Yo! Joe!, also an OCS game. I can't recall AGA examples other than Lion King (in parts) or the recent Rygar remake that have this sort of parallax implemented, albeit not as impressively (or exuberantly) as the little aforementioned PC-Engine game. I'm not talking about simple background scrolling like say Flink or Aladdin, I'm talking about what appears to be multi-parallax that give the impression of depth and that you defined as "different scroll values split down the screen". If AGA really can do it with relative ease, as you say, it would be very interesting to actually see it done in games.

Page generated in 0.04362 seconds with 11 queries