View Single Post
Old 13 January 2021, 12:03   #59
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline View Post
I remember watching this a while back, it’s a nice comparison (though I’m not sure the choice of reference track was particularly helpful), also I think the mpeg compression is clearly evident (but YouTube is YouTube...). Anyway the difference between the two machines is extremely clear when I play back using my Adam A7X nearfields.
This is a very nice comparison. It shows (or sounds ) that there is indeed a clear audible difference between the two, I can hear it even on my rather old Logitech speakers and it's very, very clear on headphones. But to me, it also shows that the Amiga's "14 bit" audio output quality is clearly 'good enough' for the system - it sounds really quite impressive if you keep in mind this is a 1985 audio chip that was never designed to do more than 8 bit samples to begin with.

Somewhat strangely, to me the difference seems far more clear in the frequency response and not so much in the areas I'd expect. I'd expect to hear a lot more noise on the Amiga output, instead I mostly heard a difference where the Falcon was hitting the "high" tones "better".

Page generated in 0.04250 seconds with 11 queries