View Single Post
Old 12 January 2021, 19:54   #43
no9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
Most music is/was done in 8 bit with Protracker/Octamed and some other trackers and that was/is the only choice for games. Hence the word recommend.
Oh, recommended by 'democracy' not by what quality demands, right? So what this has to do with this thread at all? Btw. most Amiga game music and sfx was made with low quality sounds like 11kHz and even lower. Is this also kind of recommendation what to use now?

Quote:
DigiboosterPro is another story (...) I don't know but guess that a 060 is also too slow for 6-8 channels or more.
Well... as in the past I've made couple of tracks with DBpro I dare to vaguely remember that there was plenty of options to choose from like mono/stereo modes, mixing frequency and this resulted with the variable number of channels available there for given CPU. Also usage of so called 'DSP echo' effects etc. So I'm not sure where are you going with all these recommendations and what it has to do with the topic.

This is the thread about output of theoretical 14-bit sound quality on Paula, and definitely not about what most or nobody used.

Page generated in 0.04219 seconds with 11 queries