View Single Post
Old 02 December 2020, 17:03   #140
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
Given this is a ZX Spectrum thread, yeah - it probably ought to be about the Spectrum.

I ended up never getting a Spectrum when I was a kid, I was saving up for one but changed my mind after seeing how few people around me had one. It's always had a soft spot in my heart though.
Well I can see why. It was the machine my brothers owned when I was a wee kid in the 80s. Then it broke and resided in a drawer for most of its life until my sisters boyfriend pulled it out one day and got it up and running again. Then the joys of Manic Miner, Scuba Dive, Skool Daze and many more where mine this time and not my brothers! So I too have the soft spot. I did get a 128k given to me in the mid 90s but I didn't bother with it much since I owned an A500. Anyways this is why I wanted the emulator and to play on Amiga as well. All good gamin under one hood on a machine I love

I never had any involvement with C64 but plenty of time for that and why not an emulator for that on y Amiga too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
In fact, I still have a ZX Spectrum book somewhere containing a "Star Trek" program in BASIC called Spec Trek. Actually typed in the whole bloody thing back around 1994 on my A500 plus a ZX Spectrum emulator just to be able to finally play it
On a side note, Sinclair machines often had a very nice version of BASIC. In particular, I found the ZX Spectrum's user defined graphics characters to be a very nice feature.
Wow that's proper dedication!

That same boyfriend of my sisters, once he got the spectrum running again began at the > startup screen on the spectrum and began programming!!! Of course to me it was all dark arts

Last edited by rabidgerry; 02 December 2020 at 22:29.

Page generated in 0.04295 seconds with 11 queries