View Single Post
Old 18 October 2020, 01:10   #900
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
First, I did not say that, I rather said that no modifications in the Os are needed for it. Second, I am personally a friend of a lean Os, and leave creations of applications to third parties, and their distribution to, well, "distributions" such as BestWB. It is not necessary to include any possible application in an Os, but only what is really necessary (i.e. preferences editors as applications). This just blows up the Os distribution. This said, I agree, a calculator is, indeed, quite unnecessary. I haven't used the one that comes with the Os once in 30 years. It is there by tradition, possibly as a demo application, but not by need.
In Amiga world I agree, I think this was the main issue some ppl had with OS3.9.. too eager to be the out of the box ready OS with "everything" included.. served to people who really prefer tinkering themselves. That's why a lot of us wanted something that improved on the sleek 3.1..
That being said, a couple of years ago when I got an Xbox One S and popped in a BlueRay I was pretty pissed to find out I actually had to download a BlueRay player app first
Expectations vary...

Page generated in 0.04921 seconds with 11 queries