View Single Post
Old 04 April 2004, 02:16   #1
Into the Wonderful

Thumbs up What Makes a Game Worth Playing for You?

We all consider ourselves 'gamers', whether it be the diehard retro only types or those that like games both old and new.

Despite all being classified as gamers our tastes in games are extremely diverse and one mans classic is another man ROTR's.

For me a great game has to be immersive, I enjoy games that grab my attention and draw me into their fantasy world. Games that temporarily disconnect me from the hassles of life and let my imagination run riot.

Another attribute I look for in a game is a good story. I like games that grip me like the story the Monkey Island games. It makes me wanna find out whats gonna happen to the characters next.

Masterability. I wanna be able to feel myself getting better and better at a game, and I want to be able to crush my enemies/opponents like in Speedball 2.

It has to be addictive. I like games that make me itch to get back to them when I put them down. Sadly these types of games are few and far between but when one does come along its special.

Finally atmosphere. If a game has that magic elusive ingredient, then it will draw me in until its over, and even then Ill want to return.

Of course elements like playability go without saying which is why I didnt.

What makes a game worth playing for you?
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.04982 seconds with 9 queries